Secure Horizons Medicare Complete Plans
History and Background of Secure Horizons
Secure Horizons is part of a larger organization led by UnitedHealth Group, an innovative leader in the health and well-being industry. Secure Horizons launched the nation’s first Medicare HMO plan in 1985 and has since then achieved significant growth. Secure Horizons administers healthcare benefits to more than 360,000 Medicare beneficiaries in the state of California alone, where the company is based.
What does Secure Horizons Offer?
Secure Horizons offers Medicare Advantage Plans through a contract with the federal government in order to administer health plans to people who qualify for Original Medicare Parts A and B and reside within Secure Horizons’ service areas. Depending on where you live, you may have several Secure Horizons Medicare Advantage plans to choose from. To enroll in a Secure Horizons plan, you must be eligible for Medicare Part A and continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium, unless otherwise paid for under Medicaid or by a third party. These plans include: MedicareComplete Plans, MedicareComplete Choice Plans, Secure Horizons MedicareDirect Plans, and MedicareComplete Special Needs Plans.
What are the Different Types of Plans?
- MedicareComplete Plans are Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plans through which you receive care by using a group of local contracted doctors and hospitals that coordinate your care. Out-of-pocket costs are usually lower for these plans than other plans.
- MedicareComplete Choice Plans are Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans which give you access to a network of local doctors and hospitals but still allow you the flexibility to seek services from physicians or hospitals outside the network. Outside health care providers usually charge a higher copayment cost. However, with these plans you do not need a referral for specialty care.
- MedicareDirect Plans are Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) plans which offer you the freedom to receive care from any Medicare approved provider that agrees to accept the terms and conditions of payment of this plan. You will not need a referral to see a specialist.
- MedicareComplete Special Needs Plans provides Medicare insurance for those who meet one or more of the following descriptions: have a chronic disease or illness, live in an institution, or qualify for additional income assistance.
- Secure Horizons also offers Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plansbecause Original Medicare (Parts A and B) covers many health care costs and services, but does not cover things like coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles. These costs are considered gaps in your Medicare insurance coverage because you typically have to pay for these costs yourself. To help you cover these gaps, Secure Horizons offers Medicare supplement insurance. With supplement insurance plans, you have the freedom to choose any doctor or specialist with no referral needed, a choice of insurance plan options, and coverage that goes with you throughout the U.S. Secure Horizons Medicare Supplement Plans A, C, F, F+ (High Deductible) and G are available in most states.